Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Custom Order Handbags

Here are some photos of my latest custom order.
My customer gave me the sweater to turn into a handbag. It was a fun project that I'm calling the "Funky Fringe Purse". The original sweater had fringe around the bottom and around the cuffs of the sleeves, but the rest of the sweater was a plain navy blue. At first I wasn't quite sure what I would do with it, but then I realized all I had to do was to turn the sweater upside down!

I put the fringe around the top of the bag and used the sleeve cuffs for some decorative and useful pockets on the outside of the bag.

I was pleased with the results and most importantly so was my customer!

If you are interested in a custom order, check out more examples of my work at my Etsy shop. You can click on "contact FeltSewGood" or "request custom item".

Or have a look at my photostream on Flickr.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. I make purses out of old jeans. I also like to use found objects and cover flower pots with them. you can see it on www.pattisjunkart.blogspot.com I'm glad I finally found some crafters out there. Hope to talk to you soon. Patti aka Craftydane

Cheryl Patterson said...

Thanks, Patti! I look forward to seeing some of your work on your blog. I, too, have a closest full of "stuff" to recycle and repurpose into something beautiful. Happy crafting!
Cheryl

RecycleCindy said...

The sweater turned into the cutest bag. The trim was so lovely. Very cute!

HomeMadeOriginals said...

I wondered how you got what looked like felted beads on this bag. Cute results! I often find the "sweater tells me" what to make out of it.