Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Thursday, July 10, 2008

In Full Bloom


My pretty, white Annabelle hydrangeas are in full bloom these days.


I just love the huge showy flowers! They are bright white
and as summer goes on they will fade to a pale green.


They make nice cut flowers.
I cut the wody stems at an angle and keep them in fresh water.

And the smaller pink hydrangea also has gorgeous blooms. I would love to dry some of the flowers to be able to enjoy them over the winter. I've dried some of the white flowers in the past by hanging the cut blooms in a cool dry place until they are dry and hold their shape. But, this year they just seem to wilt. Maybe because we've had so much rain? (about 12 inches above average) I can try again as they start to turn green but I'd prefer them to be white. Please leave me a comment if you've had success drying your hydrangeas and have any suggestions for me. In the mean time, I'll just enjoy their beauty in the garden.

No comments: