Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Saturday, November 22, 2008
This is the last week as the contest wraps up on Sunday, November 30. Buy anything in my Etsy shop, Felt Sew Good, from Wednesday, 11/5/08 through Sunday, 11/30/08 and be eligible to win. On 12/1/08 I will randomly select and announce the winning name from those buyers!
I'll be adding lots of new Felt Sew Good handbags, accessories and plush toys this week and in weeks to come.
Friday, November 21, 2008
THE RULES:* Link to your tagger and list these rules on your blog.* Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.* Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their name as well as links to their blog.* Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.1. Being "tagged" reminds me that I still need to deisgn and print my new holiday gift tags!
2. I love the Holiday season! I love the crafting, decorating the house, baking cookies, wrapping gifts, and yes even the shopping. But the cold weather that comes with, not so much. The snow is pretty but does it have to be so cold?
3. I prefer summer. Yes, to me 85 degrees is nice and even a little humidity is good. I'd prefer to live at the beach.
4. All the talk about the new Twilight movie and vampires reminded me of the old daytime TV show Dark Shadows. Am I the only one old enough to remember that?
5. When I was a kid, I thought it would be cool to live in Africa so that I could have a lion as a pet. Now I just have three Burmese cats.
6. I'm cooking the Thanksgiving meal for my family this year.
7. I love Italian food.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
At first try, I needle felted the center balls for my felted poppy brooches. This time I used the wet felting technique. I coiled up wisps of wool roving into a loose ball. Then I just dampened the wool. Next I made my hands soapy and rolled the ball lightly between my palms. As the ball started to harden, I could apply more pressure. Once it all comes together, I rinsed in cool water to rinse out the soap. I need a little more practice, but this method works very well.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
The Prize Package:
The winner will receive four felted accessories from my shop!
One black, felted wool zipper pouch with felted red rose
Two of my Holiday Heart Felt ornaments
One felted poppy brooch.
Buy anything in my shop from Wednesday, 11/5/08 through Sunday, 11/30/08 and be eligible to win. On 12/1/08 I will randomly select and announce the winning name from those buyers! Winner will be personally notified via email or convo through Etsy.
Do a little early holiday shopping and you'll have a chance to win a little something for yourself! I'll be adding lots of new Felt Sew Good handbags, accessories and plush toys each week.
Monday, November 3, 2008
This afternoon I couldn't resist walking over to the park adjacent to my neighborhood.
Enjoy the view!
Be sure to check back here on Wednesday, November 5, for details on my "Customer Appreciation Giveaway" in my Etsy shop, Felt Sew Good. One winner will win a prize package of felted wool accessories from my shop.