Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Design and Inspiration

I had planned to work on, and complete, and new design project today. The weather forecast was predicting mostly cloudy skies and a slight chance of rain. So I figured I'd stay inside and finish my project. (More on this project at another time!)

But by noon it had turned sunny and the temperate rose quickly to the 70 degree mark and I just had to get outside for some fresh air and a little exercise.

I took my camera and went for a walk in the park adjacent to my neighborhood. It's still too early for blooming flowers and leaves on the trees, but some early plants are starting to sprout!

The wild iris has come up in the swampy areas.

Some tiny wildflowers have made an appearance among the old brown leaves.

The Canadian geese are starting to pick their nesting sites.

And a few fishermen were trying their luck in the lake. I'm so glad I took a break, but now I must get back to work!

1 comment:

Pienerie said...

Here in Holland -the netherlands- spring is making its apearance too
the best time of the year...



looking forward to see what your new project will be

Greetings from Sunny Holland
Pien