Spring Flowers

Spring Flowers

Monday, October 15, 2012

First Attempt at Tie Dye

I loved tie dye when I was younger and it seems to be popular again. Several young friends have been talking about tie dyeing and have gotten my husband interested, especially in the chemical aspect of the dyeing process. He purchased packets of dye at the craft store and a couple of 100% cotton T shirts at Walmart. Then watched several how-to videos on Utube and made his first attempt at tie dyeing.


Here are the results.
The first photo is of the tiger stripe pattern shirts and the second photo shows the classic galaxy or spiral design.

I love them both! Now he's ready to experiment with professional, permanent dyes. And he even has requests for more tie dye shirts from family and friends. I'll post more photos soon!

No comments: